French ponderings.....

French ponderings.....
Dreaming of France in The Land Down Under.......

Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Finding my inner artist / Trouver mon artiste intérieure


It's always been in the back of my mind that at some stage in my life I would attempt painting...so far I have only accomplished a wall or two, but perhaps the time has come to give it a shot...you know..like Monet :)


I've actually held off  putting brush to canvas....it's a FEAR thing! What if I really try....and I'm pathetic at it!!!???? gulp.....then what???

I took a couple of lessons ....that was lots of fun. I felt like I was back at primary school..well it was nice to feel young again at least  :)   The thing was, I needed to decide what style of painting/drawing I wanted to do to continue......well...uumm..daaahh....I dont know!  So I didn't go back.

I had to give it some real thought.......

Does this mean if I follow this thought process I will become the next Monet of the world??   ;)

Then a 'thought' came to me! I remembered reading an advertisement in a newspaper promoting a 'meet the artist' kind of thing at one of the 'grands magasins'in Paris.   I thought it could be rather interesting, as his 'style' appealed to me, fun, whimsical, and oh so french! I didn't go....but I DO remember him

Monsieur Izak Zenou: Fashion illustrator.






What do you think? Like?? I do!

Also thinking I may need some sort of 'drawing' talent! One must start somewhere mustn't one??????

I did a little more research and came across something similar...fun , with a french flair....

Introducing  ' Fifi Flowers ' A californian artist whose heart is with Paris. These paintings are available for purchase on Fifi's site.




You like?  I like! :)


Ok, its decided! I will give this style a go, keeping in mind that it's the 'journey' that counts not the destination...so if  my 'oeuvres d'art' don't make the cut...I wont be too hard on myself ;)

If you were  just starting out on the 'art' road, which route would you choose?

A bientôt. Gigi


3 comments:

  1. Seize the paintbrush and keep in mind these words from Winston Churchill:
    We must not be too ambitious. We cannot aspire to masterpieces. We may content ourselves with a joy ride in a paint box. And, for this, Audacity is the only ticket.
    Bonne chance et amuse-toi bien !
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I LOVE those first 3 pics!! Quick...go pick up those brushes and create!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Izak Zenou... beautiful x

    ReplyDelete