French ponderings.....

French ponderings.....
Dreaming of France in The Land Down Under.......

Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

A favorite store/ Une boutique favorite


One of the stores I always try to visit when in Paris is 'La Vaissellerie'. The word 'vaisselle' means 'crockery', and 'faire la vaisselle' means to wash the dishes. I'm not so keen on washing dishes..but I just LOVE fossicking through all the goodies this store has to offer, inside and out, plus it's for both tourists AND locals.


Photo:yelp.com/

Lots of  gorgeous colourful pieces...but I'm partial to the frenchy  blue and white at the bottom....

Photo: croquecamille.wordpress.com/


Multi-coloured or clear tumblers

Photo: hipparis.com


There is something wrong if you can't find an item to take home here! I like picking up some quirky souvenirs, and, of course, something for myself too :)





Classic white in all shapes and sizes.....



Pretty tins for all tastes............


Photo: francezakka.seesaa.net



I was pretending to be a 'local' one visit...but after buying this Metro place mat...well...I think they were onto me!  But I love my place mat.... everyone needs to know the Metro lines, don't they?


Photo:/parisbreakfasts.blogspot.com.au





Feeling dotty????????






I would love this dinner setting on MY table...



and of course you'll find all sorts of cutlery choices to bring home and show off...


Photo:croquecamille.wordpress.com/

Busy little hot spot! 



I have only been in the store situated in Le Marais, 92 Rue Saint Antoine, but La Vaissellerie can be found in several arrondissements throughout Paris. Check  out their website here.

Best be off....je dois faire la vaisselle!

A bientôt, Gigi x


3 comments:

  1. We used to have one near us on Rue Saint Honoré but it sadly closed. I loved rooting around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a pity Rosemary ah well , you have all those gorgeous passages at your doorstep :)

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous shop.

    ReplyDelete